Saturday, April 17, 2010

So, why am I attempting to blog?


I've never been one who journals very well or consistantly. But God has been doing something in my heart over the last couple of years. I'll discuss that a little later but what it has culminated in is a couple of trips to the country of Haiti where God has opened my eyes and wrecked my world. So I've entitled my blog "Chasing after God's heart for the helpless" because as I'm chasing, I don't know where He's leading- exactly. Psalm 82:3-4 says, "Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked." This verse came to me at the end of the finger of a little orphaned Haitian boy as I sat down beside him and asked if I could read to him. God has an incredible way of surprising us and showing us what He wants us to see and hear. More on that later too.

1 comment: