Sunday, April 25, 2010

No, wait, it doesn't get any better than this


In an earlier post I said it doesn't get any better than this when I was greeted with a scream and a hug from 13 year old Renise who just had her baby and was someone that our team, and the world for that matter, got to know too. While that was an awesome experience, I had one that topped that- sharing the gospel in Pastor Moise's church this morning and having 3 young boys give their lives to Christ!

I was asked after arriving on Thursday if either I or Pastor Steve who was visiting from California would give the message on Sunday. I have learned that you should always be prepared to give a message in church wherever you are visiting throughout the world. It was decided that I would do it. I've got to be honest with you- I'm not sure that God has equipped me to teach or lead in front of a whole congregation- but I will do whatever the Lord would have me do. I decided that I would share the gospel in a story format. The story was about a little boy who loved to play and was quite close to an old man that had passed away. The boy began to think about what happens after you die and became afraid to die. Then the greatest gift that one could ever receive was shared with him. And that is how I framed the gospel by interjecting the boy throughout the story. The boy came to accept the gift- that boy was me. I told the congregation that God was offering that gift to them today and that they too could receive it.

The message was translated by an incredible young man who is on fire for God and following His lead. Lucson has an incredible passion to do the Lord's work for his people here in Haiti. A highlight during the message was when I shared John 3:16- I said it first and then when Lucson started to say it, the congregation started reciting it right along with him- that was cool.

Three young boys came forward after the invitation and prayer. They were then prayed for by elders of the church and their information was taken.

I have to admit- I was not feeling well- I didn't know if it was nerves or if it was the heat. I was afraid I would do something embarrassing like faint from the heat or puke on the pulpit. But I knew that I could only do this through the Lord's strength and nothing of myself- thanks God!

So now I have to say that it doesn't get any better than this!

3 comments:

  1. Chris-Thanks for sharing! God is so good! Glad your message went well.
    Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! Praise God! Glad you didn't puke on the pulpit, man. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Chris. Tell the gang hi from us. Did they get the photographs we sent down? Please give Renise a big hug from me. Looking forward to seeing you soon. And I too am glad you didn't puke on the pulpit ;-)

    ReplyDelete