Friday, April 23, 2010

Old friends and new friends

Didn't get much sleep last night because we lost all power including the back up generator and internet. I tried to lie still and not think about how hot and sweaty I was with no air movement. I woke up at 5 a.m. feeling a little air from the ceiling fan. I put my pillow at the foot of my bed and fell back asleep- for a little while.

Today we got to hang out with my "old" friends at the OTV and play with them. It was funny how they all confirmed who I was since I was there a month ago by the way they kept pointing to their left eye because I have a red spot just under my left eye- anything that makes you memorable right? Oh, and I hate to admit this but they also remember me because I was the guy that could make farting noises with my hands- yep, trying to bring a little humor to the world one fart at a time (with my hands).

We traveled to Juli's House to visit the kids there. A lot is happening- they are getting a new well and an addition to their home. They also have received a lot of rain making it difficult for the drilling truck to not get stuck. When we arrived they were singing their hearts out for us- awesome!

The new friends I met today were at Nicole's House nearby Juli's house. There are over 50 kids that live there. But my newest best friend is Kimberly- Renise's little 4 week old baby girl. Here is Renise's complete story: Renise Matters

Well I'm off to the "cinema" with the kids. They are watching Shrek in French.

No comments:

Post a Comment