Sunday, October 21, 2012

Worship Haiti style

One of my favorite parts about our trips to Haiti is worshipping in a Haitian church. I don't speak the language- but it doesn't matter- God's spirit is present and you feel it and know it by the expression of worship. It is truly a special experience and one that I highly recommend.
Pastor Jeannot gave a message in the Gonaives church and used quite a bit of English and that was special because we certainly felt included. Not knowing that Pastor Jeannot was going to use English, I had planned to use some Creole in my message in Desire this morning- I am so thankful for the opportunity that The Lord has given me to be used here in Haiti.

The team had another incredible day with the children. I am blessed watching our team members connect with the children the way they are. And not only the Desire orphans but the community children as well.

Tomorrow we will work English into their school day and the return in the afternoon for Bible stories, mama time and special time with the older teen girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment