Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hurricane Sandy and Reflection Time

The team from Faith is currently on their last leg of the journey home as I write this. I had planned to stay an extra day with my good friend Pastor Moise who I got to know very well when we started our journey with the Global Orphan Project.

Tonight I am in the church for Wednesday evening services as Hurricane Sandy extends her reach to Haiti in the form of heavy winds and rain. I am scheduled to leave tomorrow morning as the projected path of Sandy has her north of Cuba by that point. So I now I sit in church praying and joining my brothers and sisters praying for the people of Haiti.

I have had a great day catching up with Moise as we discussed ministry, family, and the things The Lord has us each working on. I really desire to understand Haitians in a cultural sense and leadership in the Haitian church. The good news is that we all rely on the Scriptures to guide us in ministry and thankfully that transcends all culture.

As I reflect back on this past week, God has done great things through the team from Faith. Each member served very well and gave 110% to serving the children of Desire. I always encourage our team members to spend themselves completely leaving nothing left in the tank since they don't know when or for certain if they will come back. It was a real privilege to serve with this team as they endured changes and challenges in our schedule. They certainly felt the time was too short- as is always the case. But each team member has a new or renewed sense of mission as it relates to our children in Desire and serving The Lord in general.

And now, as I sit in this Port au Prince church, I especially pray for Pastor Jeannot. I pray that The Lord provides for every need of the children, that The Lord would use Pastor Jeannot to reach the community of Desire for Christ and make the name of Jesus Christ great in that community.

And now I pray for a break in the weather that would allow me to visit Kennedi in Chicago before returning to the rest of my family that I so dearly want reunite with.

No comments:

Post a Comment