Saturday, October 30, 2010

Catch up

Back home from our trip to Haiti, I am reflecting back on the latest adventure of taking a team on a vision trip for the Global Orphan Project.  Unfortunately, most of our time there we were without power and the internet.  Not that its a bad thing, its just that I planned to blog as a way for people to keep up with all that we were doing in Haiti.  So now I plan to reflect back and recount our experience of the five days we spent learning, listening and loving on kids.  The following blog entries will reflect the trip, our experience and what God was revealing to us, and still revealing to me as I process the latest excursion into Haiti.  I do know that it has had a profound impact on all the team members as I follow their Facebook status updates and read emails.  I thank God for allowing each of us to step outside our world, experience life from another perspective, be rocked by what we see in the desperation and devestations, find ourselves brokenhearted and much richer for the experience.  Each time I go I fall more in love with the country and the people- it has become a home away from home for me- and I don't think I can explain why other than to say when I go, I am completely at the Lord's mercy and disposal.  So naturally, I ask why can't or don't I do that at home in my neighborhood, my city, or my country?  What makes leaving my home easier to fully rely on God?  It's a dicotomy I don't understand or am blinded to.  So my prayer is that I would fully rely on God right here, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment