Saturday, October 30, 2010

Awesome team

I am missing all my new friends from our team.  We had a fantastic team diverse in age and geography.  We sent a third team from Faith, my home church, in which there were 10 of us including for the first time my wife.  Two other members were returning to Haiti from our March trip and 6 others taking the plunge for the first time.  Marci, Hayden, Lynn, Melissa, Roberta, Matt, Bart, Rachel, and Penny- you were a great team that represented our church and the Lord well!  From Indianapolis we had a church team that is exploring ways to partner with the Global Orphan Project for the long term.  One of the founding members of the church and two dear friends represented Higher Calling Church- Mindy, Lori and Christina- I am excited to see where the Lord leads your church body with the Global Orphan Project- press on and NEVER SETTLE!  Ben and Brittany from Baton Rouge- you guys were awesome and I loved our time with you.  You have set the bar for challenging married couples to spend their milestone anniversaries in Haiti.  I can't think of a more fulfilling way to share an experience with a spouse.  And finally a family and friends- Heather, Ashley and John- thanks for including your very close friends Nancy and Jenn.  I was blessed to see how the Lord has been working in your lives and what He has enabled you to do through His blessing- thanks for sharing your lives with us.

This team was a blessing for me in so many ways and I love being able to share what God is doing through a ministry organization like the Global Orphan Project.  Thanks for stepping in, giving your all and experiencing the full scope of ministry in Haiti.  I do truly count you all as friends and hope to one day reconnect with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment