Saturday, May 1, 2010

Back Home

I've been home for a couple of days trying to get caught up with my other responsibilities. I've had some time to reflect and continue asking God to hone my heart in for helping those who need it- and speaking up for those who can't speak for themselves.

Having a chance to sit down with my senior pastor to unpack what God allowed me to see, feel, hear and experience, I came away knowing that God has a tremendous mission for our church in Haiti. By getting a proper perspective on the spiritual battle happening in a dark place like Haiti helps me in the preparation for our future trips there. What it also showed me is how important it will be for our church to encourage, equip and strengthen the local church in Port Salut where we will be partnering.

A couple of days ago I heard one of my favorite songs- "Give Me Your Eyes" by Brandon Heath. I was listening to it anew and was reflecting back the past couple of years. The first time I heard that song made think- yeah, that's what I want. I want to view the world and people through the eyes of Christ. That kind of became my prayer, and my ringback tone.

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the brokenhearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the one's forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see


I believe the Lord has been answering this prayer for me by allowing me to experience the things I have experienced and spearheading our church's vision for making a difference in Haiti. And we're just getting started! So, I'll continue praying that prayer, but not just for me, but for our congregation that they may also have the eyes, arms and heart of Christ as we take our next step in Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment