Monday, May 3, 2010

God's transforming power is amazing!

Yesterday was a great day. What I witnessed yesterday was God's amazing tranforming power in the lives of two people I have come to know in the last six months. A father and daughter being baptized together as a public affirmation of their trust in Jesus Christ. I had the honor of playing just a small part in the life change of a single mother searching for her purpose in the midst of pain and struggles. As I shared the gospel with her one November evening, her eyes got wide with excitement knowing that this was the day where it clicked for her and that she truly needed Christ more than she needed anything else.

The following week her father was visiting her and his grandchildren. I had the opportunity to share the gospel with him- well almost. About part way through he said- yes, I know, I trust Jesus. Reflecting back on that evening, I see that God was preparing the soil of this grandfather. And yesterday in his testimony he shared that a family crisis brought him to the point where he realized that he needed to trust Christ alone for his salvation! This happened in the last week! So Sunday morning this father and daughter were baptized in front of our forever family. As I teared up, I couldn't help but praise God for the way He shows Himself to be in control in the midst of a family's crisis. It reminds me of the verses in Matthew 11:28-30, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

No comments:

Post a Comment