Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 6- 8/17/10

8/17/10


Reflecting back on yesterday- our final day in Haiti. Seeing Pastor Moise again was a blessing and an encouragement. I was glad that the other team members had the opportunity to hear his heart.
Then on to the Orphan Transition Village (OTV)- that was a highlight because getting to see the kids I’ve gotten to know over this past year. Ellison- “Chris!” It was so cool to be recognized once again! That made my heart jump when the kids remembered who I was. That feeling just warms your heart. To be able to hug and sit and let your hair be touched, messed with and played with was fun.

I saw the kids I’ve really gotten to know over my three visits- Rogelin, Renise, Pierre, Jocelyn, Erickson and Alina- I continue to pray for these kids as they have built a home in my heart!

The highlight of the day was being asked to “preach” a few minutes to the kids with Rogelin translating for me. I couldn’t think of anything more appropriate than John 3:16- the gospel in a nutshell.

I am blessed! To be given such an opportunity feeds my soul!

I am proud of my team- they are- as Trace says it- “All-Stars.” A young man doing wonderful things with Global Orphan is a man named Joseph Volcy- he is leading the ministry in the area of kid’s programming. He is a kid at heart and has a wonderful ability to connect with the kids and getting them excited about the activities they participate in. I am praying for this young man that God continues to bless him and shows him His wonderful plan for impacting the orphan children of Haiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment