Monday, July 27, 2015

Getting Ready For Camp

Yesterday our team made our way out to camp to begin preparations for the students who will join us on Monday afternoon.  It's been fun getting ready for the week by joining forces with the interns serving for the summer, the Josiah Venture staff and the students who are joining us as assistants.  In all there are about 25 of us getting ready for the students to show up at the camp.

Trying to orient myself, we are located about an hour outside of Bratislava in the rolling hills of the Slovakia countryside.  There is always logistical challenges when working in facilities that are very old and challenging to hold a full music camp.  We've created space for a choir and full band and it feels tight already with those of us here now.  Can't wait to see how it all works when we add about another 60 students to the mix.

The location of the camp also means I have no cell service (if I needed it) and wifi that is spotty and inconsistent.  So my hope is to post as much as I can with photos but it will depend on the wifi signal out here.  In writing that I realize how spoiled I sound with my technology demands.  There is a balance I strive for between being on mission and keeping the church family and friends updated with what's happening on the other side of the world.




No comments:

Post a Comment