Saturday, October 11, 2014

New Adventures

Our team today attempted something new in Desire.  We set out on a hike on a mountain near the Desire village.  The kids were excited to go on an excursion and happy to share their surroundings with us.  Coming from Colorado I definitely was happy to have the lung capacity coming from a higher elevation.  The challenges though included high humidity and heat causing me to sweat profusely (sorry -TMI).  

About an hour into the hike I was drinking my water and many of the children were also thirsty.  They didn't bring water, they were asking for ours.  That made us think we weren't as prepared as we should have been and that we should probably turn back considering the kids needed water too- so we shared and began our journey back.  I'd love to say we made it to the summit but I can't, but we did get some incredible views from our vantage point.  In Haiti there is a saying that says there are mountains beyond mountains.  If we had made the summit, we would have discovered that the was another peak to climb.

Tomorrow we get to worship in Desire.  Praying for good rest tonight as I get to share the incredible gift that Jesus offers each and everyone of us.

Tomorrow will be another "first" so stay tuned for what comes next.







No comments:

Post a Comment