Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Return to Haiti

It's been a long time between blog posts.  Almost as long as the time gap between my trips to Haiti.  It has been almost 10 months between trips to Haiti for me.  That is something new, especially for someone who had an average of 3 or 4 months between visits to Haiti.

This past year has been one of transition for me and it has forced me to remain close to home to ensure a good transition for my new role.  It has also forced me to spend time reflecting and praying for our ministry in Haiti.  So the absence has been fruitful for me and is focusing me to look at the next period of three years of our partnership in Haiti with Desire and Pastor Jeannot.

I am in Haiti to explore an opportunity to help Haitian teachers look at other methods for teaching, learning new strategies for classroom management, and becoming better equipped to teach the children in Haiti.  I invited a retired, seasoned educator to accompany me and participate in the Exchange.  This is Dennis Baker's first trip to Haiti.  As we pray, process and evaluate this opportunity, we look forward to engaging teachers, project Pastors and administrators.

Tomorrow starts the Exchange where there will be 8 presenters- 4 Americans and 4 Haitians.  By Saturday afternoon we will have covered various topics, observed teachers impletement new concepts with students and celebrate the hard work they are investing in this week.  

It's good to be back!  And I am trusting The Lord for His direction for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment