Thursday, October 17, 2013

Finally Home...

Coming home is a mixed bag of emotions.  There is the relief of sleeping in your own bed, having a hot shower, and all the other conveniences of home.  But there is also the reluctance to return home after spending time with the beautiful children that God has called Faith to support.  For each team member, the challenge is to not rush back into our busy life schedules and make sure we find time to let God speak into our lives the things He wants us to take home from a trip like this.  And you have to really be disciplined to carve out that time for God and be still and listen.  I struggle with that even though I have been many times.  I love to return home to my family and spend time catching up with them.  At the same time my heart aches a little bit from missing the kids, staff and Haitian people.  But it's a good tension.

I came away from the trip feeling like there is much to do but also know that God is in control.  Thank you for praying for our team and praying for the Desire project.  We look forward to sharing the vision of our partnership and the images from this trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment