Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hanging with God

My report today is a little different because I didn't get to go to church to worship.  We've had a few team members battling some stomach issues and while everyone is doing better, some of them needed to hang out at the hotel to recover.  I stayed back for them in case they needed anything.  It's important to me that those who are here for the first time to really take in every cultural experience so I got to spend some great quiet times with God today.  Man, I did not know how badly I needed that!  I was blessed today by taking in the extra time to read and pray.

I was also reminded how nice it is to have a place in Haiti that allows us to stay safe and comfortably so that we can do our "job" ministering to the children of Desire.  That's why I am including some photos of my day.  Although as I am typing this the power has gone out for a record amount of times since I've been here.  But that too is reminder of the things that we so easily take for granted.

The team is doing great as a unit and our discussions are great- I love it when people discover why God has called them to a trip like this.  Many team members are already looking ahead to Tuesday when we say goodbye.  It's hard not to think about how hard it will be.  So we can sure use your prayers for that time as it approaches.

I want to say thanks to Carol, Ken and Steve for all their hard work and leadership!  It's been a blast to spend time with this leadership team.




No comments:

Post a Comment