Saturday, March 16, 2013

Devotional Time

My devotional time with The Lord has been focusing on trusting Him, even when it's hard to see what He's doing in the moment. It's having a long view knowing that God is using everything for good; trusting Him in the storm. On every trip to Haiti, I do wrestle with this because it seems that the country has so far to go to become a place where poverty is minimized and orphans having someone to care for them. But then it's a verse like this that reminds me that God is in control: ""See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand. (Deuteronomy 32:39 ESV). It's easy get caught up in the enormity of it all in Haiti and yet, I have to be reminded that God called our church to come alongside and care for a few in Haiti. We care for 69 orphan children and the people who provide long term care for them- Pastor Jeannot, his family, the mamas and staff at the project. And when I take a step back and see what God has accomplished, not because of us, but because we were faithful to His leading, I find joy in His work and marvel at how far in two years The Lord has brought the Desire project. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment