Thursday, July 5, 2012

Family Trip

Ever since my first trip to Haiti, I felt that in order to build significant trust and relationships with the orphans we serve, our own children need to be a part of the partnership in Desire. Tonight we embark on the first family mission trip to Haiti with three families jumping at the chance to serve. And for me, I count it a huge blessing to have my whole family- Marci and my three daughters going with me on this trip.

The plan is very similar to recent trips- teaching English and running a VBS but this time our children will have the opportunity to create new friendships with their peers at Desire.

I am especially excited to see Pastor Jeannot again and continue to discuss the future of our partnership and the role that our church can play in reaching more of the community for Christ.

Please pray for safety for our journey that begins tonight and for our health throughout the trip. The team consists of my family of five, another family of eight and a mother and daughter- 15 of us all together!

I'll post an update as soon as we get to Gonaives later on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment