Saturday, March 26, 2011

Desire is the Place for Faith

As a follow up to my last post, I spent this last week speaking to the team that went with me to Haiti most recently and reporting to the leadership at Faith what happened on the most recent trip.  It is very clear that the Lord has confirmed His call on Faith to partner with Pastor Jeannot and the Desire project.  The very things that I prayed for in interacting with Pastor Jeannot was clearly answered beyond my expectations.  This is a very humble, faithful servant of the Lord as he shepherds two churches, two schools and 60 orphans at the Desire project.  I am excited to share more about Pastor Jeannot as we develop our partnership.

The next step is revealing our partnership to the rest of the congregation who have been patiently waiting for the PLACE in Haiti that we will be commited to for a long time.  I am excited to cast the vision of our partnership to our congregation so that they can see the who, how and what the Lord has called us up to.  I firmly believe the Lord is calling us to a difficult challenge and while the orphans and Pastor Jeannot is compelling, it will be difficult because of the location and the need- but certainly one that Faith can and will step up to.  For now then I would like to share some of the images from Desire:


From Google Earth- Desire is about 1/2 hour drive northeast of Gonaives.

Ben leading song time inside the church.
This is the church.
Looking down the property of Desire.  Kids live in tents.
One of the little ones of Desire.

Dinner time at Desire.








Pastor Jeannot with Penny.

1 comment:

  1. Praise the LORD! I would like to say something profound right now, but can't think of anything else except I am so excited. Is that new?

    ReplyDelete