Monday, December 27, 2010

Psalm 117

Christmas is now past and the time for relaxing and spending time with family seems to be slipping away so quickly.  A week from now we'll be back on the road heading back home.  As I sit in the living room of my brother and sister-in-law's home, I reflect back on an amazing year that God has allowed me to play a part in.  This morning I read and mediatated on Psalm 117 which says, "Praise the Lord, all nations!  Extol him, all peoples!  For great is his steadfast love towards us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.  Praise the Lord!"
My heart can't help but pray for the nation of Haiti.  The recent elections seemingly has done nothing to bring a better future for the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere.  With a controversial run-off election slated for mid-January, it's hard to imagine a better outcome.  But as the psalmist says in Psalm 117- great is His steadfast love towards us- His faithfulness endures forever.  Maybe I can't change anything in Haiti; maybe even the Haitians can't change things in Haiti.  But the Lord can!  Thank God it's in His hands- we just need to trust Him.  So I will continue to pray that the Lord raises up His people to do His work in the country of Haiti- because they are there, and they need our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment